NN Header

Friday 13 December 2013

Tea at Intercontinental Lobby Lounge

It was a lazy weekday afternoon and I had nothing to do after my work appointment. Feeling a little hungry, I decided to have a rest while going through some documents in Intercontinental Hotel's Lobby Lounge, at 80 Middle Road, 1F, Singapore 188966. The number to dial is 6338 7600.

The lovely, posh lounge at Intercontinental Hotel has always enticed me. I have always thought that it was part of Olive Tree Restaurant (the buffet restaurant of the hotel), but the menu showed me otherwise. The polished marble whiteness of the place coupled with antique furniture and beautiful chandeliers gives the place an elegant, time-frozen feel.

Needless to say, the service by the lovely, cheongsam-clad waitresses is good. I was brought the menu, served drinks and my orders within a short span of time - probably because it was afternoon.





I ordered a hot berry tea, a glass of red wine and a Sushi platter to indulge myself with.

The tea is lovely- sweet, with hints of sourness in it. This is absolutely the perfect afternoon tea to enjoy, and it complements the red wine I was drinking.

The sushi platter is delicious - fresh ingredients, well-cooked Japanese rice (pearl rice). The vivid, bright colors of the platter looks appetizing- rest assured that it tastes exactly how it looks.



I spent about SGD$60.00 for this afternoon indulgence, every bit was worth it.

The quiet, serene ambience is ideal for work discussions or simply chilling out at with friends or loved ones. Soothing music filled the lounge, making it easy to for one to lose track of time and just enjoy lounging away in the comfort of this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment