NN Header

Saturday 12 April 2014

Dining at Lime @ Parkroyal on Pickering


After the chilling out sessions at Lime Restaurant @ Parkroyal Pickering as mentioned here, I finally got to have their breakfast buffet today. That, and some other items that are served at the restaurant itself but we ordered as room service the night before. 


Before food, I had a few glasses of Rose wine down at Lime before my hotel guests arrived. It wsa lightly refreshing and sweet, and it was easy to get lost in the mellow headiness brought about by this drink. Let me go in chronological order of items ordered for room service and then for buffet in the morning.



The much-raved about Spiced Calamari Rings (SGD$15.00) - crispy, lightly-crusted (most calamari rings have thick layer of flour coating, this one doesn't!) with salty overtures and a delicious garlic cream dip. I love this, and so do most friends I have recommended this to. You are really eating squids, not flour.


Next, the Warm Fried Jumbo Prawn (SGD$27.00) - another tantalizing delicacy that is crispy on the outside while it has a bounciness on the inside, the way that fresh prawns are supposed to be. The sweet taste of prawn flesh was accentuated by the fresh slivers of veggies tagged to its crispy crust. 


Finally, the Tomato and Buffalo Mozarella (SGD$20.00) dish - the milky flavor of this cheese was cooked to tenderness. Paired with the acid-sweetness of juicy tomato slices and vegetables, the combination was a flavors paradise. I chewed the salty olives together too, adding on to the assortment of tastes. 

For the Breakfast Buffet commencing from 6.00am - 10.00am every morning, there were many stations serving delectable food of different cuisines.


We started with a platter of sausages, Chinese meat dumpling, blueberry muffin and a raisin roll. 


Then another plate-ful of chocolate muffin, danish, potato hash brown, bacon, baked beans, one Shiitake mushroom, a grilled tomato and chee cheong fun (Chinese rice roll). The hash brown and bacon were very crispy and appetising, whereas I thought the pastries were all a tad too sweet.


Following the above, we had the Parma ham, prosciutto and smoked salmon with sashimi's bouncy texture - I love this kind of smoked salmon. 



I can never resist a good, hot omelet freshly made on the spot whenever I find one. Their signature omelet consists of an assortment of ingredients - tomato dices, spring onions, mushrooms etc, and tasted good even without needing to sprinkle pepper by myself.


After that, it was the plain congee in which I mixed in some seaweed, pork floss, century egg, shallots etc. It became very tasty and just what I needed - something hot for the rainy weather.


Finally, a bowl of cereals to go with my hot tea. I usually prefer museli, but I was extremely full by now, so I just shared a bowl of mixed cereals in milk.

The breakfast buffet was rather nice overall, with attentive wait staff clearing the tables and attending to our every need. Every time I dine or chill at Lime's, I always look forward to enjoying their impeccable service.









No comments:

Post a Comment