NN Header

Friday 23 May 2014

Review: The Body Shop loose powder


Over the years, I have tried and tested several brands of  loose powder from Shisedo, Face Shop, MAC, Christian Dio etc. But ever since discovering The Body Shop's loose powder in Shade 01 in 2008, I have never looked back.


It comes in a 14g, round tub with good-size sieve cover and no sponge or brush. This costs SGD$29.90 only, which is why I was surprised that it provided the effects I had been searching for, amongst so many other brands.


The Body Shop's loose powder contains Marula oil, Vitamin E  and light reflecting particles.


The powder is lightweight and long-lasting. My skin is combination, hence many other loose powders look flaky or pixelated when I brush them on. The Body Shop's loose powder glided on smoothly and gives a luxuriously-matte finish. The powder is fine and soft, and gives a little more coverage on top of the foundation (no one believes me when I said this, but it is true!).


Unfortunately, The Body Shop decided to discontinue shade 01 in Singapore completely, so now we are left with shades 02 and 03.  Shade 03 is too dark - tried and tested, so I thought I could give shade 02 a shot.



Shade 02 is, oddly, of a pinkish tone instead of the fairer tone that shade 01 was of. As such, the pink tone looks totally unsuitable for my skin. The powder is of a different texture too, hence does not provide the same kind of velvety finish shade 01 is made of. When I took it back to The Body Shop to clarify, they informed me that shade 02 is finer than 01, and of a pinkish tone indeed.

It is so ridiculous, and having relied on the same product for 6 years, I was at a loss. The thought of having to shop for, and try out a new brand of loose powder again, is daunting. The Body Shop is losing customers by doing so - they could have taken in less stock for shade 01 instead of stopping it totally.

I have since bought Clinique (SGD$53.00) and Muji (SGD$26.00) loose face powder to try, based on recommendations.  I hope they turn out well so I can stick to just either one of them in the long run (till it runs out again in future).



No comments:

Post a Comment