NN Header

Tuesday 17 June 2014

PINC and color-changing nails!



After my entry about Pampering the Nails, I have continued to patronize and try out different nail parlours. Back then, I'd decided that my favorite salon would be PINC. I am able to confirm it now. Whether I visit the branch at Plaza Singapura or Bugis Junction, I never fail to feel welcomed, in good hands and able to get quality advice + good service with lasting gel nails.


This time, I went for the express gel manicure and express gel pedicure (SGD$113 in all, inclusive of soaking of toe nail colors and additional $5 for the special color-changing polish) as I was in a hurry for lunch and shopping, and had no prior appointment booked. They have a very wide range of colors for normal and gel nails too, and this time I selected a pale silvery-gray shade.


I am told that this range was the "color changing" gel polish that would change colors according to my body temperature! The pale silvery-gray shade I chose for my hands was so light it was nearly translucent.


At night, I was eager to see the changes, hence I turned my air-conditioning to a very low temperature, and held a packet of cold drink in my hand, along with the electric fan turned on, so I would get cold faster. True enough - the pale nails began turning black from the tips, and my nails looked ombre.


As the temperature dipped further, the nails turned into a very dark shade of gray, almost like glossy black. It was amazing.



The next few days in my freezingly-cold office, the changes to my nail color were more prominent, alternating boldly between pale gray, light gray, gray, dark gray and black. I enjoyed watching my nails to see the color changes, especially pretty during the ombre stages. My colleagues were amazed as well. Nail technology - now I wish they would have gel nail colors that change according to one's moods...


No comments:

Post a Comment