NN Header

Friday 11 July 2014

Review: Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder


"A breakthrough formula in a universal shade that works for a range of skin tones, this non-cakey powder leaves skin visibly smooth with a soft focus finish and disappears upon application to flawlessly set makeup for all-day wear oil-free / talc-free" - as the packaging states.



Having heard many good reviews about Laura Mercier's loose setting powder before - from good friends in the beauty industries, from Sephora's consultants' recommendations and beauty sites / magazines, I decided to buy one to try. It cost me SGD$60.00 for 11.34 grams / 0.40 ounces.



The consultant who served me taught me how to use it, and did a demonstration for me when I was there. Hence, I thought I knew how to use it right, even as I was examining the fine white powder on my dresser / vanity finally. It felt so fine, so soft and smooth to the touch.


One does not require a huge amount - just a very small amount for light dusting over the face will do - "a little goes a long way". A fan brush is preferred, but I used the miniature brush that comes with my Clinique loose powder.


Disaster struck on my first application, and I was very late for work because I had to remove all traces of makeup and re-apply. Why? I had stubbornly used Laura Mercier's loose setting powder like a normal face loose powder - dusting it delicately and meticulously over my liquid foundation!

The results? I ended up with a too-white, flakey finish that was far from smooth or natural - my face looked pixelated! The skin looked dry and all fine lines were visible.



Worry not, though - after I chucked my stubborn-ness aside, and applied the Laura Mercier's loose setting powder as the last step - after my liquid foundation and normal loose powder, the powder readily blended and disappeared into the colors, keeping my makeup intact for the entire day, and the skin feeling soft and smooth throughout. I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment